DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENTS
Driving under the influence accidents account for 1/3 of all car accidents in the United States and the results of such accidents are devastating resulting in life-long injuries and even death. The destructive behavior of a driver who decides to drive under the influence is life-altering especially when it is you who was the responsible party being seriously injured as a result of such behavior. If you, or a loved one, was seriously injured or if a family member passed away due to the actions of a drunk driver you may be entitled to compensation for past and future medical expenses and pain and suffering.
At Freeway Law, our drunk driving accident attorneys have extensive knowledge of the laws that govern drunk driving cases and can help you determine how to proceed when this unfortunate accident occurs as we fully dedicate ourselves and our resources to help you fight for a fair and just settlement during this difficult time.
Who is Liable in a Drunk Driving Accident?
There are several types of negligent factors that contribute to drunk driving accidents and there are several parties that could be held liable when you are injured due to a drunk driver. The parties that could be held liable include:
- The drunk driver;
- The person or establishment who sold them the alcohol or substance; and
- The bar or restaurant that served the driver alcohol;
At Freeway Law, we will fight for you in order to hold all responsible parties accountable in order to pay for all expenses incurred due to this accident. We will do this by investigating the facts regarding your accident and will work tirelessly on your behalf to receive the justice you or your family deserve.
How Much Is My Drunk Driving Accident Claim Worth?
Depending on the extent of your past and future medical bills, the cost of treatment, and the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle, will determine the amount of your claim. Other factors that can influence the amount of your claim could also include:
- The amount of income lost while incapacitated;
- Whether or not your injuries have affected your future earning capabilities;The person or establishment who sold them the alcohol or substance; and
- Whether or not your required home modifications in order to accommodate your injuries;
- Whether your injury caused life long disfigurement, scarring, disability, or the loss of a bodily function.
It is imperative that you do not sign or accept any settlements from insurance companies before consulting with a reputable attorney. Speaking with a drunk driving car attorney is crucial when an accident occurs because insurance companies are more concerned with protecting themselves than compensating you for your medical bills or other trauma that occurs: they will either try pay the least amount possible or try to avoid a pay out altogether. Accepting such settlements without consulting your attorney could result in low ball offers that may not include damages that you are entitled; this could include: future medical expenses, emotional trauma, or pain and suffering.
What Steps Can I Take to Strengthen My Drunk Driving Accident Claim?
It is imperative that you take the necessary steps after you’ve been involved in a drunk driving accident where you were injured due to a driver under the influence to ensure that the involved parties are held accountable as they may try refuting their responsibility in the accident. To strengthen your claim, those steps include:
- Write down, to the best of your ability, the sequence of events that led to your accident including details about where it occurred.
- Take time-stamped photos of the accident scene this includes traffic lights, intersections, etc.
- Ask for a copy of the incident report and police report;
- Record the contact information of witnesses;
- Seek medical attention; and
- Contact a reputable drunk driving accident lawyer to discuss how to proceed with your claim.
In order to receive the utmost amount of compensation you deserve is why you should consult our knowledgeable lawyers at Freeway Law. Not only are we dedicated to receiving the highest amount of compensation possible for your injuries you sustained during a drunk driving accident but we also try to make this difficult time as stress free as possible by providing a concierge service that handles speaking with insurance companies and auto body shops on your behalf.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, don’t hesitate to call us at (844) 443-7339 for a FREE consultation to discuss your rights and compensation.