SLIP AND FALL
Falls are the number one cause of injury and death amongst older Americans. Falls also cause over 250,000 missed days of work annually. If you have sustained a serious injury due to a fall, contact us immediately. The attorneys at Freeway Law are very experienced with slip and fall cases. Unlike many firms, our priority is getting you the maximum compensation you are entitled to, even if that means going to trial. Even the Senior Partners at many law firms have minimal trial experience and prefer to settle cases, although that can mean less money for you. At Freeway Law, we will give you an honest assessment of your case and answer any questions you may have.
A slip and fall injury can cause serious bodily harm, including broken bones, brain trauma, soft tissue damage, and in some cases, death. Here at Freeway Law, we have extensive knowledge of the laws regarding slip and fall accidents and are dedicated to helping you receive the compensation you need to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages you have suffered.
Common Slip and Fall Cases
A slip or fall could happen anywhere at any time. Some types of cases our knowledgable slip and fall attorneys encounter are:
- Outdoor slip and fall injuries;
- Slip and falls in supermarkets or other indoor places;
- Slip and falls on elevators or escalators;
- Slip and falls in apartment complexes.
Because each slip and fall accident is unique, our experienced lawyers give personalized attention to your accident to obtain the compensation you deserve. There is not a one-size-fits-all strategy for these cases, so you must hire an attorney that will thoroughly investigate the details of your case to ensure all parties involved are held accountable.
Slip and Fall Accident Damages That Can be Recovered
As each slip and fall case is different, the damages one may be compensated for vary depending on the accident’s details. Some of the damages our experienced lawyers at Freeway Law would seek for your case would be:
- Economic Damages: these include past and future medical expenses, lost income, and any other expense that you have, or will incur, due to your injuries.
- Non-economic Damages: these include pain and suffering, life long disability, and/or disfigurement.
Our goal at Freeway Law is to calculate all of your damages to ensure your claim receives the highest compensation possible, as a slip and fall accident can result in life-long injuries.
What Steps Can I Take to Strengthen My Slip and Fall Claim?
You must take the necessary steps after a slip and fall accident to ensure that the involved parties are held accountable. They may try refuting their responsibility in the accident. Measures for strengthening your claim may include:
- Writing down, to the best of your ability, the sequence of events that led to your accident, including details about where your fall occurred—whether the ground was wet, the lighting conditions, etc.;
- Taking time-stamped photos of the accident scene before the property owner has a chance to fix the hazard that caused your fall;
- Reporting the incident to the property owner or manager, and asking for a copy of the incident report;
- Recording the contact information of witnesses;
- Seeking medical attention; and
- Contacting a reputable slip and fall accident lawyer to discuss how to proceed with your claim.
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, don’t hesitate to call us at (844) 443-7339 for a FREE consultation to discuss your rights and compensation.